Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Basement Bar Makeover! Pt.1

A Couple years ago I was building a basement for a new home owner. Most standard stuff such as steel stud walls, electrical, plumbing, drywall, pot lights, trim work and painting, simple but with quality in mind.

There was an ugly old school partial board bar existing in the basement that the owners wanted nothing to do with and asked me to tare out. The owners had an idea about buying a table or a new bar to be put in the same spot.

After inspecting the bar I knew I could restore and bring it within the taste of the homeowners with less cost then buying something new.

My idea's for the bar was to drop the top, increase the tops surface area, match the color with the walls and other accents to match the surroundings. Shelves, doors and a nook for a mini fridge was to be added and I wanted to uses the molded oak bar arm rests you often see.

After presenting my ideas the owners they were excited and gave me full creative control on the project.


Part 2 of Basement Bar Makeover will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment